Event: 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games
Dates: 23 July 2021 – 8 August 2021
Venue: Ariake Gymnastics Centre
Local Time Zone: JST
Times below will include JST, BST, & EDT. If you need further breakdowns, use a time zone converter.
Live Scoring: Tokyo Event Website
Welcome to Edition 1 of the Olympic Masterposts! To avoid information overload, we will be breaking these into 4 Editions:
- Artistic Qualifications (& PT Note)
- Artistic Team Finals & Trampoline
- Artistic Event Finals
- Rhythmic Gymnastics
There will be Discussion Threads for PTs & the Opening Ceremony; Live Chats for Quals & Finals (as well as discussion threads after the fact).
Qualified Athletes & their Qualification Path: Wikipedia Quick Link
Podium Training Quick Note: I have only seen this information from NBC. NBCOlympics.com will be streaming the USA sessions of podium training. In Eastern Time, this will be at:
Several of the typical bloggers are live blogging directly from Tokyo, including Gymcastic & The Gymter.net. I'm sure there will be tons of video after the fact of all subdivisions.
Note: Creating posts requesting pirating information is prohibited and will be removed. There will be plenty of links floating around immediately before and during the competitions. But again, no top level posts are permitted. Long story short, get yourself a VPN.
NBC: Via NBCOlympics.com & Peacock (and Primetime Coverage on NBC itself). Peacock will have all live coverage for free; replays look to be behind their premium wall.
BBC: Via their iPlayer
CBC: Lots of info here about Canadian coverage
QUALIFICATION SUBDIVISIONS & SCHEDULE
The below streaming links will point to NBC, but see above for other major streaming sources.
MAG Qualifications: Saturday July 24th
|Subdivision||JST||BST||EDT (beginning Friday, July 23rd)|
|1 (NBC)||10:00 – 12:30||02:00 – 04:30||21:00 – 23:30|
|2 (NBC)||14:30 – 17:00||06:30 – 09:00||01:30 – 04:00|
|3 (NBC)||19:30 – 22:00||11:30 – 14:00||06:30 – 09:00|
MAG Subdivision Country & Individual Information:
The order represents the event they will start on. For example, MG1 will begin on FX, with Ukraine on PH, etc. They will then rotate in Olympic Order.
- MG1 (Romania, Croatia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Belarus, Ireland), Ukraine, Russian Olympic Committee, China, MG3 (Netherlands, Israel, Cyprus, Egypt), Spain
- Switzerland, Brazil, Great Britain, MG6 (Hong Kong, Mexico, Armenia, Canada, Bulgaria, Nigeria, Greece), Japan, MG4 (Vietnam, Australia, Kazakhstan, Sweden, Albania, Cuba)
- Germany, Chinese Taipei, MG5 (Turkey, Italy, Philippines), MG2 (France, Uzbekistan, Norway, Lithuania, Azerbaijan), United States, South Korea
WAG Qualifications: Sunday July 25th
|Subdivision||JST||BST||EDT (beginning Saturday, July 24th)|
|1 (NBC)||10:00 – 11:40||02:00 – 03:40||21:00 – 22:40|
|2 (NBC)||11:55 – 13:35||03:55 – 05:35||22:55 – 00:35|
|3 (NBC)||15:10 – 16:50||07:10 – 08:50||02:10 – 03:50|
|4 (NBC)||17:05 – 18:45||09:05 – 10:45||04:05 – 05:45|
|5 (NBC)||20:20 – 22:00||12:20 – 14:00||07:20 – 09:00|
WAG Subdivision Country & Individual Information:
The order represents the event they will start on. For example, Italy will begin on VT, with MG3 on UB, etc. They will then rotate in Olympic Order.
- Italy, MG3 (Ukraine, Croatia, Chinese Taipei, Cuba, Azerbaijan), Japan, MG6 (Argentina, India, Singapore, Cayman Islands, Czech Republic)
- China, Great Britain, MG7 (South Africa, Ireland, Austria, Sri Lanka), Russian Olympic Committee
- MG8 (Jamaica, Peru, Poland, Chile, Turkey), Netherlands, MG1 (Australia, Romania, Portugal, Slovakia), United States
- Canada, MG4 (Israel, Switzerland, Uzbekistan, Costa Rica, Malaysia), France, Spain
- MG5 (South Korea, Norway, Mexico, Hungary), Germany, MG2 (Egypt, Brazil, Sweden, Belarus), Belgium