Yesterday (22nd September 2020), Government announced new restrictions linked to the spread of Covid-19. Please find below more information following this update. The announcement included a new restriction to have a maximum of 6 people taking part in ‘adult indoor team sport’.
- We are pleased to be able to confirm that children are not impacted by this change. The restriction only applies to those aged 18 and over, and not the majority of gymnasts who are children and young people.
- This ruling may apply to adults participating in ‘Team Sport’ specific elements of gymnastics, which are identified within the recently published Team Sport Framework; namely Acrobatic Gymnastics, TeamGym, Festival Display Gymnastics and the group elements of Aerobic Gymnastics and Rhythmic Gymnastics. We are seeking clarification from Sport England and DCMS on this.
- All other disciplines, activities and the individual elements of the identified disciplines are unaffected by this change.
- We are also seeking clarification from Sport England and DCMS on how the rule of 6 would be applied to adults participating in the ‘team sport’ disciplines.
- For the disciplines and activities that this ruling may apply to, it would not ban adults from participating, it may mean that a maximum of 6 adults can take part in a group.
- Parents that are present in either preschool parent and toddler classes or parents/carers/helpers that may be present during disability specific sessions must work in groups of six only and groups should not be changed during the session.